Name Change In Las Vegas

Las Vegas Name Change Attorneys


If you live in southern Nevada—whether Las Vegas, Henderson, Boulder City, or Mesquite—and need help to do Name Change legally, you need an attorney with over 30 years’ experience to get you the best results.

You need a Las Vegas Family Lawyer. We can help you!

The Nevada Revised Statues (NRS) has an entire chapter dedicated to name changes, NRS 41.270. On its surface, the process seems clear: anyone, unless you are an unemancipated minor, may file a petition with the district court where he or she lives. You must state your current name, the new name you would like to take on, and your reason for wishing to change your name. Most often the reason is marriage or divorce, which are usually very simple to make happen.


Name Change


Sometimes there are other circumstances involved which complicate a name change and will alter the way we pursue your case. If you have been convicted of a felony, we will have to show that your name change is not intended for fraudulent purposes. The state of Nevada takes this very seriously given past history of criminal activity, especially around the casino industry. If you have a criminal record, we will have to submit copies of your fingerprints as approved by the Department of Public Safety and the name change will be added into your criminal record. I cannot stress enough how important it is to be honest about your past, even illegal acts. And I assure you that even if you have been convicted of a felony and/or have a criminal record that does not mean we cannot successfully apply for a name change.

The NRS stipulates that we may have to make public notice of changing your name, but if you’re changing your name because you are fearful for your personal safety, there is a measure where we can void that publication.

If you are changing your name because of gender issues, there are also special provisions in the NRS to help us move that process forward smoothly.


Name Change in Nevada

If you’re the parent of an unemancipated minor child and you would like to change the minor’s name, such as if you remarried, there is a process for that, as well. If you have the consent of your co-parent, we can generally move quickly with the name change. But if your former partner desires to complicate the process, we can still move forward with your petition, even if we have to go to court. If you are on the other side of this situation, and your partner is trying to change a minor child’s name without your consent, I can help you, too.

It’s also essential for me to tell you that while changing your name may seem like a simple process and there are free forms available to download from the Internet, solid legal advice is always your best bet. While the forms may look easy on the surface, there are filing deadlines and timeframes that need to be met or you will have to begin the process all over again. And if you hit any stumbling blocks along the way, my 30+ years of experience will come in extremely handy. I can take the stress of the situation away from you.

Hire me. I can be reached at (702) 383-0090.

Click If you want to learn about Adoption and need to hire a Las Vegas Adoption Attorney.

For more information on how https://douglascrawfordlaw.com can help you with Name Change in Nevada, please contact us.

Douglas Crawford Law:
501 S 7th St, Las Vegas, NV 89101, United States
(702) 383-0090
Nevada Name Change Lawyer