Legal Relocation of Children in Nevada

Legal Relocation of Children

Las Vegas Legal Relocation of Children Attorneys

Legal Relocation of Children

If you or anyone you know in southern Nevada—Las Vegas, Henderson, Boulder City, or Primm or Mesquite—needs help because you or a co-parent are relocating with a child to another county or state or even a foreign country, you need the best legal help you can get to make sure your rights as a co-parent are protected.

You need a Relocation of Children Lawyer in Las Vegas.

The state of Nevada seeks to maintain strong families and strong connection between parents and children, even if the union of the parents did not work out. The Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS) has a subsection dedicated to Relocation issues, NRS 125C.007. In most cases the process of relocation proceeds smoothly. I can ease you through what needs to be done. If things take a turn for the worse, though they rarely do, I can help you defend your rights, as well.

The process begins with the petitioning parent asking the court to relocate. The petition must state that there is a solid reason for relocation, that it not be intended to deprive the other parent of his or her rights to time with the child, that the move serves the best interests of the child, and that the child will benefit in some way from relocation. Common reasons for moves like this are a new and better job for one of the parents, an opportunity for government service in another state or country, or the chance for educational betterment for the child or children in question. We must always take the best interests of the child as the first priority, and considering the educational and career future of the minor(s) in question is a valid concern.

Relocation of Children Lawyer in Las Vegas

If you have been having issues with your former partner, from simple things like a denied visit or two to more serious concerns like parental alienation, we can take those issues into account when we plead your case.

If the parent who wishes to relocate demonstrates compelling reasons to the court that the move is viable and in the child’s best interests, the court will consider other concerns before issuing a final decision, one of the most important being the ability of the other parent to maintain a meaningful visitation schedule with the relocating child. So long as parents do not give up visitation rights, both must have as much time with the child as legally permissible. I will work within the confines of the law to make sure whether you are the parent relocating or the one being left behind, your connection with what is hopefully the most important part of your life remains as solid as possible.

In some cases, there are other concerns that are deeply personal, and I ensure you that my discretion is complete. You can tell me anything. With 30+ years practicing this type of family law, I am very difficult to surprise. I will work fiercely to keep you and your child together as much as possible.

Hire me. I can be reached at (702) 383-0090.

Click if you want to learn about Name Change, and hire a Las Vegas Name Change Lawyer.

For more information on how https://douglascrawfordlaw.com can help you with the Legal Relocation of Children, please contact us.

Douglas Crawford Law:
501 S 7th St, Las Vegas, NV 89101, United States
(702) 383-0090
Las Vegas Relocation of Children Attorney